The important bit
The ceremony took place in the Great Octagon in the Assembly Rooms in Bath at 5pm on Sunday 29th December.
About the Assembly Rooms
Opened in 1771, the Assembly Rooms are one of the highlights of Georgian Bath. Originally known as the New or Upper Rooms to distinguish them from the older Assembly Rooms in the lower part of the town, they were designed by John Wood the Younger, one of the most influential architects involved in the building of Bath. Together with his father (John Wood the Elder), he was responsible for many of Bath's most striking buildings, including the Circus, the Royal Crescent, Queen Square and Prior Park.
More information about the Assembly Rooms can be found at the website of the Museum of Costume, which is located in the Assembly Rooms (and is well worth a visit if you have time). Many of the guest turned up to the Assembly Rooms slightly before the ceremony to have a look around all the rooms - much recommended. From 4.30pm they did so to musical accompaniment from French Connection
The ceremony was conducted by the Assistant Registrar of Bath, who is obviously so used to doing committment ceremonies for gay couples that he tried to marry Nicola and Isobel.
Readings were 'The Poet Wishes for the Clothes of Heaven' by Yeats and Da Mille Basia by Cattullus (translated by Nick). Music at the signing of the register was Cole Porter's 'From This Moment On' and the recessional was 'Let's Call the Whole Thing Off'.
After the ceremony the wedding party and guests processed by candle-light through Bath to the Guildhall for the reception.
The music before and after the ceremony will be provided by French Connection.